A lot of it covers the first five hours
Nintendo just debuted a Xenoblade Chronicles 3 overview video on the company’s Japanese YouTube account, and it’s pretty comprehensive! Despite the fact that it’s in Japanese, it’s actually very easy to tell what’s going on.
Here’s what the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 overview touches on, vaguely:
- Intercut big picture/conflict story elements, and the war between the two major factions
- The interpersonal relationships between the six core party members
- Lots of footage of overworld exploration
- An in-depth look at combat, the different roles, combos, and swapping between party members
- The Ouroboros system unveiled in one of the first debut videos
- The “guest” party system (this is arguably the most spoiler-heavy part, as it showcases a ton of characters at once)
- Township wandering/camp use/gemcrafting
- A season pass recap and an amiibo support explanation (ours is more informational!)
In other Xenoblade-related news, Nintendo even came out with a digital calendar for July, which has a cheeky marked-off spot on July 29 to celebrate the release of the game. To grab it you’ll need to spend 50 My Nintendo platinum points (just remember that it’s a digital download, not a physical calendar).
Hopefully we’ll get some news as to what the My Nintendo physical reward is soon enough! Typically that info comes within seven days of the game’s release, give or take a week.
[Update: As of July 20, Nintendo has provided a new English version of the trailer. You can find the original Japanese video and the additional English one below.]