Yer best gurl Rivet back in the top spot
Following an influx of stock at many high street retailers, Insomniac Games’ gorgeous platformer Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is back in the #1 spot of the UK Charts. The PS5 exclusive usurps recent Switch release Mario Golf: Super Rush, which drops to number four after two weeks spent in the top spot.
Aside from Ratchet & Clank, (and the inevitable appearance from EA’s FIFA 21 at number two), it’s another Nintendo-heavy week, with Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Fury debuting at number three, followed up by Switch mainstays, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and Minecraft. Ubisoft’s open-world adventure Assassin’s Creed Valhalla returns to the Top Ten at number eight, while Oddworld Inhabitants’ quirky adventure Oddworld: Soulstorm rounds out the premier league at number 10.
This week sees the launch of Switch remaster The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, which is no doubt set to get cash registers ringing. Whether enough physical copies will be shifted to shove Ratchet & Clank off the top of the UK Charts, or whether an army of despondent English footy fans will see FIFA 21 back on top remains to be seen. Be sure to tune in next week to find out!
[A reminder that Destructoid will be winding down its coverage of the UK Chart scene this month]
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: July 10, 2021
(Chart reflects in-store physical sales only)
1. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart – Sony Interactive Entertainment
2. FIFA 21 – Electronic Arts
3. Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin – Nintendo
4. Mario Golf: Super Rush – Nintendo
5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
6. Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Nintendo
7. Minecraft – Nintendo
8. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – Ubisoft
9. Grand Theft Auto V – Take-Two Interactive
10. Oddworld: Soulstorm – Oddworld Inhabitants
U.K. Video Game Charts [GamesIndustry.biz]