We come from the land down ogre
Extinction cuts an imposing first impression. The newly announced game from Iron Galaxy and Maximum Games pits players against legions of hulking ogres.
According to Iron Galaxy, Extinction tasks players with battling armies of bloodthirsty monsters in an effort to save all of humanity. Players will use a “dynamic, skill-based combat system to tactically disarm and dismember enemies before going in for the kill.”
There’s something very Attack on Titan about Extinction‘s announcement trailer. During the video, the game’s protagonist jumps, leaps, and slashes his way through hundred-plus foot monstrosities and winged beasts in order to protect his city. While it might not look like the popular anime series, something tells me that Extinction takes quite a bit of inspiration from it. I’m down with that.
Accompanying Extinction‘s announcement trailer are a series of key features, including:
- Deep Story Campaign. Protect the human population across an abundant story campaign, rescuing as many civilians as possible and taking down brutal opponents.
- Dynamic Side Missions. Complete numerous side missions with various objectives, earning upgrades to aid you in your campaign.
- Skill-Based Combat. Travel horizontally and vertically, perform wall runs, and use your whip as a vault to perform devastating air assaults. Master dynamic combat maneuvers to effectively traverse the giant beasts and expose their weak points, progressing along different skill trees to develop a path best suited to your playstyle.
- Interactive Environment. Move freely around a fully destructible environment, and use objects throughout the world to your strategic advantage.
- Innumerable Battle Scenarios. Every battlefield is different from the last, ensuring a unique combat situation each time you play.
- Custom Battles. Create custom battlegrounds with varied objectives, and challenge players online to compete for the top score.
- Extinction Mode. Fight off a continuous horde of assailants as wave after wave of ogres and their minions attack without relent.
Extinction is scheduled to release in early 2018 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.