A bunch of new games to keep on your radar
Today, ID@Xbox and Twitch Gaming spotlighted some up-and-coming games to look out for. The showcase ranged from ghosts and magic to turnips robbing a bank. It was wild.
There were plenty of cool games to see and interesting projects either revealed or more greatly detailed. And a bunch of them are coming to Game Pass as well, making for a good weekend binge candidate when they arrive.
In order to keep track of all of them, we’ve put together this handy recap. It makes it a bit easier to scroll through them, catch back up, or find that one you’re looking to wishlist.
Highlights from the ID@Xbox Fall Showcase
- Eville is a multiplayer social deduction game, shown off by Black Girl Gamers on the pre-stream, where players have to unmask the conspirator among the group. It’s hitting Game Pass on October 11 for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.
- Turn-based battle fans will probably like Born of Bread from WildArts Studio, where a flour golem can take on different abilities and meet a ton of characters. No release window set just yet.
- Moonscars is a 2D action game with some Souls vibes, but some cool mechanics around its progression and death. I got to demo this at PAX East earlier this year, and am interested to see how the whole thing comes together. Moonscars hits Game Pass on September 27, which isn’t too far off either.
- Valheim, the Viking game that’s enabled many terrible ideas of mine, is coming to PC Game Pass on September 29. It’ll hit Game Pass for Xbox once it launches on Xbox, sometime in 2023.
- Homestead Arcana is a gorgeous-looking magical adventure from Skybound Games and Serenity Forge. It has you growing, cultivating, crafting, and creating. And wow, does it have a look. That’s coming “soon” to PC and Xbox Series X|S, and will be headed to Game Pass.
- Song of Iron 2 mashes steel and dark fantasy together for another stylish side-scrolling adventure. A demo’s available if you check out the link in the new teaser.
- Explore a new life of crime as Turnip Boy escalates his bad deeds. No longer content with just tax evasion, Turnip Boy Robs a Bank sees, well, Turnip Boy robbing a bank. Hopefully this battle with the vegetal police goes well for him. The heist kicks off on PC and console in 2023, and is coming to Game Pass.
- We got a look at some Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed, an asymmetrical ghost-nabbing video game.
- Ynglet is a game that’s currently available and has just sailed under my radar until I saw it in the ID@Xbox showcase. It’s mesmerizingly gorgeous, with sights and sounds melding together into an almost hypnotic experience, even just watching it. Ynglet has been kicking around for a bit and is apparently out now, and now you know that too. It’s on Steam and Xbox for just $4.99.
That’s all the big reveals, but here’s a quick rundown on every game shown at the ID@Xbox showcase today.
- Amazing Cultivation Simulator – Available now with Game Pass
- Big Con – Coming to Game Pass
- Born of Bread
- Call of the Wild: The Angler
- Cities Skylines: Plazas & Prominades
- Eville – Coming to Game Pass
- Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed
- Homestead Arcana – Coming to Game Pass
- Let’s Cook Together 2
- Metal: Hellsinger – Coming to Game Pass on September 15
- Moonscars – Coming to Game Pass on September 27
- Rainbow Billy – Coming to Game Pass
- Shoulders of Giants
- Song of Iron 2
- Turnip Boy Robs a Bank – Coming to Game Pass
- Valheim – Coming to Game Pass
- Walking Dead – Coming to Game Pass
- You Suck at Parking – Available now with Game Pass