You all Pokemon-ed out yet?
Y’all ready for a Pokemon Presents recap? Too bad, it’s happening!
So strangely, the original tweet for the stream noted that we’d get updates on Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, as well as Legends. But in reality, a few other games were snuck in at the start, including Pokemon Unite, Pokemon Cafe, Pokemon Masters EX, and Pokemon Go.
We did get those “mainline” updates though, as they were the bulk of the 27 and a half minute presentation. While the remake bit didn’t really do anything big to sway people, Legends is looking very interesting, as it shakes up several aspects of the series. With a Monster Hunter-like “camp” system before missions, stealth, and revamped battle mechanics (you can choose “power or speed” types for moves), I’m intrigued.
Without further ado, here’s the Pokemon Presents recap:
- Pokemon Unite will launch on mobile devices on September 22, and Mamoswine and Sylveon are confirmed as new characters
- Pokemon Cafe will “get a revamp” and will be known as Pokemon Cafe Remix
- Pokemon Masters EX is getting Dynamaxing, as well as several events to celebrate its two year anniversary
- Zacian and Zamazenta will appear in Pokemon Go raids, with events (including an Eternatus battle) kicking off on August 20
- We got a brand new look at Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, with new feature reveals
- A special edition Switch Lite was announced, with Diamond and Pearl legendary flavoring
- Four new Pokemon were revealed via the Pokemon Legends portion of the presentation
- Pokemon Home will launch in 2022 for all three of the mainline games