Not bad, Nintendo
Nintendo’s conference today started with a bang with puppets and Star Fox Zero for Wii U, and kind of went more low key from there. There were a lot of cool localization and date announcements, but really, it was mostly just a string of long trailers for known games.
Little bits like Skylanders crossover were cool, as is the announcement of a new Metroid game, but it looks more like a side project than a fully-fledged release. It was always going to be tough to follow Sony yesterday, but I’m not as excited as I was last year.
Maybe we’ll get more reveals during the Treehouse segments like in the past? For now, I give Nintendo a calm “like” rating.
- Nintendo kicks off E3 conference with puppets
- Star Fox Zero jets to Wii U this holiday season
- Bowser and Donkey Kong amiibo confirmed as Skylanders crossovers
- Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors 3DS has all DLC and new characters
- The next Zelda 3DS game is Tri Force Heroes
- Fire Emblem If gets a western name and trailer
- Metroid Prime: Federation Force and Blast Ball coming to 3DS in 2016
- Xenoblade Chronicles X releasing on December 4
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer debuts September 25
- Yo-Kai Watch bumped up to a 2015 release in the west
- Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam looks like a good time
- Nintendo announces a new idol sim or was that SMT X FE?
- Mario Tennis Ultra Smash coming to Wii U this year
- Super Mario Maker supports amiibo, releasing September 11