The partygoers of Blackreef should be a little more aware of their surroundings now
Deathloop received its second major game update since launch today, and a major focus of it is on the NPCs. Game Update 2 for Deathloop addresses a litany of NPC reactions, pathing, and other odds and ends pertaining to the non-playable denizens of Blackreef.
With the update live, NPCs should now react to bullets whizzing by them, like when you miss a headshot. They should also react when nearby NPCs are assassinated, hear better and react faster to falls, and they can deduce the direction from which a grenade was thrown now. Also, a weird interaction with NPCs no longer trying to kill Colt if Julianna has used Nexus to link them is now fixed. That one didn’t turn out so great for the NPCs.
Here’s the full list of NPC behavior updates:
- NPCs now react to bullets passing close by, such as headshots that miss
- NPCs now react when another is assassinated close by
- NPCs now hear better and react faster to nearby footfalls
- NPCs under fire no longer move to take cover if the player is too close
- NPCs can now deduce the direction from which a grenade was thrown
- NPCs no longer stop trying to kill Colt if Julianna uses Nexus to link him to them
- Interrupted aerial assassinations will no longer cause NPCs to become mostly invulnerable
- Numerous other small fixes and improvements to NPC behavior, reactions, pathing, and placement
- Charlie Montague no longer gets stuck in the floor or ground if he’s kicked while using Shift
The rest of the patch notes can be found here, and they address a lot. From accessibility and quality-of-life to some updates to Invasion gameplay, it’s a pretty hefty update for Deathloop.
Deathloop launched a few months ago and made a pretty strong impression. The updates since have worked to address various technical fixes, as shown by the NPC changes too, but the core gameplay of looping, sneaking, and shooting still seems to be humming along.