Win an art book, stickers, and free game!
Today’s contest won’t make you jumpy: Win a physical prize pack and digital key for survival horror game Darkwood!
Game developers and publishers, take note: I am 100% more likely to do a contest for a game if there are physical prizes involved. Artbooks, stickers, pins — whatever it is, I love giving away unique physical goodies!
And oh? What’s this? We’ve got some artbooks, stickers, and pins to give away for Darkwood, ’80s survival horror game that doesn’t rely on jump scares! Win a physical prize pack and a digital key of the game for the console of your choice. You’ll feel better once you do.
It’s central Europe sometime in the 1980s, and you’re stuck in a forest haunted by a strange evil. People, animals, and even the plants have been corrupted by an unknown force that twists their nature into something surreal. Your only option is to survive for as long as you can. You’ll roam the forest by day, collecting goods to craft materials and weapons in order to survive the night, where you’ll have to protect your shelter from the dangers of the woods.
Game features include:
- Horror without jumpscares – Darkwood is an atmospheric psychological horror that creates the feeling of tension without the usual horror tricks. No creaking doors here!
- Day and night cycle – Explore the world during the day and try to survive the night by hiding from evil forces in your shelter.
- Randomly generated map – The world will not change during your adventure with Darkwood, but it can be completely different for your friends!
- Crafting – Scavenge for materials to create weapons, traps, health potions, or upgrades to your hideout.
- Skills and perks – Learn new powers by extracting a strange essence from mutated fauna and flora and injecting it into your bloodstream.
- No hand holding – Test your skills and figure things out on your own!
- Impactful decisions – Decide on the world of Darkwood, its inhabitants and the story you experience.
So yeah, we’re definitely giving away some copies of the game. But that physical stuff? Sooooo good. Here’s what we’ve got up for offer:
- The Art of Darkwood – Exclusive artbook featuring designs from the game, and signed by the developers
- Select stickers/pins featuring designs from the game
- A digital key for your choice of Switch, PS4, or Xbox One
Dude, hell yeah.
To enter to win, use the widget below to leave your name and email address, and specify for which platform you’d like a key. You can enter daily for additional chances to win. For bonus entries, follow developer Acid Wizard Studio, publisher Crunching Koalas, and Dtoid on Twitter, and share our contest post with your friends.
While you’re waiting to see who won, use the comments to try and scare me. Since you can’t use jump scares, a la Darkwood, you have to use more practical means. Keen-eyed readers should already know my phobias, so do your worst, kids.
We have three bundles to give away, and one winner for each platform will be randomly selected. As this contest features physical prizes, you must have a United States mailing address to be eligible to win. Winners will be drawn Tuesday, May 21.