Base-building survival horror
The Forest has always looked like one of the better survival games to me with its freaky cannibal mutants, but I wanted to wait until it left Steam Early Access. Nearly four years later, that’s happening — the game is pushing toward a full launch in April, which will coincide with a price increase to $20.
Endnight Games broke down some of its plans for the 1.0 release:
- Languages and controller support will be improved and officially supported. We’re going to be adding new reasons and resources for killing the creepies.
- There will be a rethinking of the cold and warmth system, including a new warm suit. New buildables will be added.
- There will be some big performance optimizations especially for late game saves.
- Changes and improvements to how multiplayer save games work and along with this a bunch of dedicated server improvements.
- The multiplayer clothing system is being improved and expanded, with a new system to allow you to switch outfits.
- We’ll also give some details about a VR game mode when we are closer to release.
- Along with a bunch more we don’t have room to include here, we have some really crazy and fun surprises in store, especially regarding the ending and are really excited to see what people think.
The developer also expects to bring out a PlayStation 4 version of The Forest this year.
I need to talk Ray into teaming up with me. Hopefully we’ll fare better than we did in Rust.
V0.73 and release plans [Steam]