This is just what I was hoping to see
Did you get your fill of Superhot? The time-moves-when-you-do shooter is about to receive a “deeper, longer, rogue-like” standalone expansion and I am down. Mind Control Delete hits Steam Early Access on December 7, and it’ll eventually be free for Superhot owners once it’s fully released next year.
The Early Access build won’t have story elements, advanced power-ups, or new enemy types — that stuff will make it in leading up to the autumn 2018 launch — but it is a chance to see the new structure.
If you spring for Mind Control Delete this week, you’ll have access to:
- First two playable MINDS, each with its own unique ability and gameplay modifiers
- A kaleidoscope of the first dozen new gameplay levels that mix into the first few dozen combat challenges
- New animation and AI systems to drive new weapons, abilities, and enemy types
- Hitpoint system and power-up store to give you that extra oompf needed to crush your enemies and see them driven before you
- Procedural rogue-like run generation baked into the core gameplay loop, enabling us to tell longer, more complex stories and deliver tons more of satisfying skill-based gameplay
There’s no mention of VR support for Mind Control Delete but I hope that changes with time. Superhot VR is one of the best pure gaming experiences I’ve had in recent years. I’d pay good money for more.
Superhot: Mind Control Delete [Steam]