Rocket League is so much fun. Last year I did Extra Life with my cousin and we raised a few hundred bucks for charity. During the last few hours, Rocket League was one of the games we “played” as drool leaked out of our mouths like two catatonic lumps of crap.
The game has been extremely well supported both on PC and console, with massive performance improvements coming to console for free, and some cool new maps, modes, and customization options.
And now there is going to be even more. According to an email from Psyonix, an anniversary update is coming, and the list of additions is pretty extensive.
- Free Rick & Morty Customization items distributed as Common drops after online and offline matches, including Rick and Morty Antennas, ‘Cromulon,’ ‘Mr. Meeseeks,’ and ‘Mr. PBH’ Toppers, an ‘Interdimensional GB’ Rocket Boost, and ‘Sanchez DC-137’ Wheels
- ‘Rocket League Radio,’ which adds a new default music playlist “Rocket League x Monstercat” with 18 new tracks from EDM music label Monstercat
- New Import Battle-Cars ‘Animus GP’ and ‘Centio V17,’ available as drops inside the new ‘Overdrive Crate’
- New Overdrive Crate with the potential to unlock animated decals, brand-new trails, and more
- New customization options like ‘Engine Audio,’ ‘Goal Explosions,’ and ‘Trails’ that are a mix of Free selections and Crate drops
- End to ‘Competitive Season 4’ and Trail rewards distributed to competing players based on their highest skill tier reached
- Beginning of ‘Competitive Season 5’ with new changes
- Six new achievements and trophies
- and more!
I’m especially excited for “and more”. It’s a real treat for fans celebrating the second birthday of Rocket League. Now go out there and miss some on goal shots, knock the ball into your own net, and make a day of it.