Insta-gib sounds incredible
Bethesda has revealed that Rage 2 will contain a bunch of unlockable cheat codes. Purchased with in-game currency, you’ll be able to acquire the pre-order “He’s On Fire” cheat along with a bunch of modifiers such as insta-gib, an electric bubble shield, and an AI companion. I have to wonder why this stuff wasn’t present at my preview event, because it would have made playing the game a lot more entertaining.
If you’re wondering about why there was the pre-order trailer yesterday, it turns out grabbing the deluxe edition will grant you immediate access to the various cheats. For anyone that opts to go with the standard version, you’ll need to work to unlock these. I don’t think that’s a bad deal, especially since it would give me an actual goal to accomplish in the massive open-world.
Here are the currently announced cheats. Bethesda is teasing more for after launch.
- He’s on Fire: NBA Jam announcer Tim Kitzrow will accompany you on your journey, or at least his voice, yelling encouraging things at you.
- Git Gud: Making things explode in one hit is great. The name of this cheat is not.
- Son of Thor: Surround yourself in comforting electricity, and kill enemies that get too close.
- Klegg Support: An NPC that you’re hired to track down and kill is transformed into a friendly AI who will back you up.
- Phoenix Rejector Seat: The rejector seat just does the opposite of an ejector seat, sending your Phoenix hurtling up into the air and depositing you on the ground. I’m not sure what it achieves but I want to watch it happen.