The first event kicks off on January 27
Did you get your Charizard or Cinderace yet? While those events are in the rear view mirror (hopefully we get info soon on how others can get them in the future), there’s another one coming up, as per The Pokemon Company. Yep, Pokemon Scarlet & Violet players will be able to catch a special Greninja in January via the Tera Raid mechanic.
Just like the previous Charizard and Cinderace events, the following parameters will apply:
- You can only catch one Greninja per save file (but you can repeat the encounter as many times as you want for rewards)
- It’ll be a Poison Tera Type, in a 7-star raid
- The event will take place over the course of two weekends, so if you miss one or aren’t ready for 7-Star Tera Raids, you have a second chance
- Like the prior two events, you will likely be able to create eggs for the entire Greninja evolutionary line, starting with Froakie (so while you can only “catch” one, you can keep breeding them, if history repeats itself)
Here are when the Pokemon Scarlet & Violet Greninja events start:
- January 27-January 28, 2023
- February 10-February 12, 2023
As a reminder, make sure you prep for 6-star Tera Raids before this date, as you’ll need to complete that quest path to unlock 7-star raids. We have a comprehensive guide on how to get that done in a reasonable amount of time here! While the Charizard and Cinderace events were cutting things a little close for casual players, at this point a lot of you are probably at the finish line for high-end raids: you just need to cross it.