Steam, Amazon, and Green Man Gaming all have deals
Irrational Games is giving the PC crowd extra incentives to purchase BioShock Infinite. On Steam, they’re doing that whole rewards unlock thing where the more pre-orders come in, the more free stuff will be given out.
At the base level, you’ll get the Industrial Revolution Pack for free. At reward level one, the original BioShock will be given to players. Reward level three will get you X-Com: Enemy Unknown. At reward level two, players will get an exclusive set of Team Fortress 2 items (all detailed below.)
Green Man Gaming, on the other hand, doesn’t “believe in ‘unlocking’ pre-purchase offers” as stated in an email to subscribers, and their deal is way more direct. Pre-purchase BioShock Infinite from them and you’ll instantly be given the original BioShock, and your choice from one of these 2K titles: Spec Ops: The Line, Sid Meier’s Civilization V, BioShock 2, The Darkness II or Mafia II. You’ll also be given a choice between $15 GMG credit, or $14 cash back.
Lastly, Amazon will throw in $30 in credit that can only be used on 2K games, BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt for Kindle, and the Industrial Revolution Pack for pre-orders.
Have to say, the GMG deal is killer. Unless you’re addicted to Team Fortress 2 and collecting all the hats, GMG is the way to go here.
The BioShock Infinite Team Fortress 2 items:
- With this Vox Populi anarchist mask, you can terrify your enemies into thinking you’re the Devil Himself, or worse, a protestor. Either way, they’re probably going to avoid you at the entrance to the supermarket when you try to get them to sign something.
The Pounding Father
- Heavy cannot tell lie. Heavy is first President of United States. Of crushing little baby men.
- Want to command respect from people standing at an indeterminate distance from your immediate right? Bolt on a platinum Pinkerton badge and experience the thrill for yourself!
The Person in the Iron Mask
- Turkey? Chicken? Game hens? Your head? This cast iron poultry furnace will smoke anything placed inside it.
- Protect the important thoughts in your head — ones like “liberty” and “freedom” and “democracy” — with good, honest, hat-shaped American steel. This helmet won’t run (until heated to 2500°F)!
The Sydney Straw Boat:
- Throw this hat on the ground to express rage, or in the air to express joy! Take a hat-based trip through time to learn how your great grandparents displayed emotions in the days before emoticons!
The Steel Songbird:
- It gets pretty quiet in that sniper’s nest. Why not treat yourself to the haunting rhythmic symphony of bolts being constantly pooped by this mute, easily terrified incontinent bird?