Let’s celebrate the adorable Noibat!
Pokémon GO takes player engagement to another level. Since its launch in 2016, players have been wowed by their favorite Pokémon seemingly all around them — all you need is a phone to see them and catch them. Years later, the mobile game keeps itself relevant by always adding new creatures to catch and plenty of events to get you out there. I talked about what Spotlight Hour is in Pokémon GO in a recent post where I mentioned that these one-hour events every Tuesday highlight one Pokémon, which is basically just a smaller, weekly Community Day. Well, the next Community Day coming our way is Sunday, February 5 from 2-5 PM, and it’s all about that Noibat.
Community Day is a three-hour long event that will highlight one Pokémon, making them more abundant in the wild during the event. If you don’t already have the Pokémon in question, this is the perfect opportunity to get out there and start slinging Pokéballs. Like a real-life Community Day, there will be plenty of prizes to look forward to!
Noibat and Noivern
This adorable Sound Wave Pokémon looks like a bat and evolves into Noivern. During the upcoming Community Day event, there will be more Noibats than usual, so you can add this cutie to your Pokédex. Also during this event, if you evolve Noibat into Noivern during the time limit and up to five hours afterwards, you will get a bonus move. Noivern will know the Charged Attack Boomburst, which has 150 Power during Trainer Battles and 140 Power in Gyms and raids. If you’re Shiny hunting, it is possible to find a Shiny Noibat during this event!
According to the Pokémon GO official event announcement, the February 5 event bonuses will include the following:
- 3× Stardust for catching Pokémon.
- 2× Candy for catching Pokémon.
- 2× chance for Trainers level 31 and up to receive Candy XL from catching Pokemon.
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Incense (excluding Daily Adventure Incense) activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- One additional Special Trade can be made for a maximum of two for the day.
- Trades made during the event and up to five hours afterward will require 50% less Stardust.