Here’s the patch notes and a full look at it
New Pokemon Snap free DLC? Don’t mind if I do!
So, New Pokemon Snap is pretty much everything I wanted out of a new Snap game, albeit with a quality of life wishlist in tow. Some of those came with this Pokemon Snap free DLC update.
The big one is that the “retry” function will now actually get you into levels faster, in the sense that you can select a different research tier: to avoid completely quitting out of the menu. You can also get LensTalk photos instantly assessed instead of going through the whole song and dance routine, and you can skip to home base without slowly turning in photos. The cherry on top: the game now allows you to save images to the Switch instead of going through a few extra steps.
On top of that, there’s three new areas (Secret Side Path, Mightywide River, and Barren Badlands), with 20 new Pokemon coming along for the ride. New cosmetics like photo filters, stickers, profile icons, and research titles are also added for free, and you can use more search options for player photos. “Other issues” (likely bugs) have been fixed in this update as well.
Without further ado, here’s the New Pokemon Snap free DLC full patch notes! As well as the trailer I was talking about earlier.
Ver. 2.0.0 (Released August 3, 2021)
- 3 new areas have been added: Secret Side Path, Mightywide River, and Barren Badlands.
- These new areas also contain 20 new Pokémon.
- Additional research titles, profile icons, photo filters, stickers, and frames have been added.
- Search options for Other Players’ Photos have changed.
- Other issues have also been addressed to improve the game-play experience.