Multiple Switch titles see boosted sales
I may have sat and sulked at having no Mario Tennis Aces to play this weekend, but clearly the rest of the UK didn’t, as Mario, Rosalina, Waluigi and friends served up a dynamic smash, landing straight into the number one spot of the UK charts.
The successful launch of the latest entry in the Mario Tennis series also gave other titles in the Nintendo catalogue a big boost. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe climbed to number four, while the universally acclaimed Super Mario Odyssey made a Top Ten re-entry at number nine. Zelda: Breath of the Wild leapt from number 21 to number 11. Even Splatoon 2 climbed from number 27 to number 15.
Elsewhere in the charts, The Switch port of Minecraft re-entered at number 21, while the re-release of Delphine’s classic ’90s adventure game, Flashback: Collector’s Edition, debuted at number 26. Clearly this week was one of complete positivity for Switch sales.
Yet, I’m still sat here with no Mario Tennis Aces. I get no respect I tells ya.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: June 23 2018
(Chart reflects in-store sales only)
1. Mario Tennis Aces – Nintendo
2. FIFA 18 – Electronic Arts
3. God of War – Sony Computer Entertainment
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
5. Fallout 4 – Bethesda
6. Detroit: Become Human – Sony Computer Entertainment
7. Grand Theft Auto V – Take 2
8. Call of Duty: WWII – Activision
9. Super Mario Odyssey – Nintendo
10. PlayStation VR Worlds – Sony Computer Entertainment
U.K. video game charts [GFK Chart-Track]