Top ten continues to look samey
There weren’t a ton of surprises this month for the July NPD report. Even though Splatoon players might be a little sad their beloved paint shooter is no longer in the top ten, you gotta admit, it had a good run with the big boys.
For yet another consecutive month, the PlayStation 4 led hardware sales. Lego: Jurassic World jumped up two spots to number one thanks to bundled versions of PS4s that included Batman: Arkham Knight — which don’t count as individual game sales for the all-important NPD.
The big takeaway here, though, is that the video game business as a whole is doing quite well. New hardware, software and accessories generated $541.9 million in July, according to NPD. That accounts for a 6 percent bump from the $513.3 million made during the same period last year.
Here’s your software top 10 for July 2015:
- Lego: Jurassic World (360, 3DS, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U, PS4, Vita)
- Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Minecraft (360, PS3 ,Xbox One, PS4)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour (PS4, Xbox One)
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
- Destiny (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
- Mortal Kombat X (PS4, Xbox One)
- FIFA 15 (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, Wii, Vita, 3DS)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)