Here are the gods among us
The Injustice animated movie adaptation has announced its voice cast, as it’s also eyeing a release window.
The Hollywood Reporter revealed the lineup for DC’s adaptation, based on Netherrealm Studios’ fighting game Injustice: Gods Among Us and the DC comic book series Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year One. The Injustice animated movie was subtly revealed a little while ago, as part of a press release for Batman: The Long Halloween — Part II. Weird, but now we not only know that the alternate-timeline story is getting adapted, but it’s got a roster of recognizable talent behind it.
Here’s the fully announced cast listing:
- Justin Hartley as Superman
- Anson Mount as Batman
- Laura Bailey as Lois Lane, Rama Kushna
- Zach Callison as Damian, Jimmy Olsen
- Brian T. Delaney as Green Lantern
- Brandon Michael Hall as Cyborg
- Edwin Hodge as Mr. Terrific, Killer Croc
- Oliver Hudson as Plastic Man
- Gillian Jacobs as Harley Quinn
- Derek Phillips as Nightwing, Aquaman
- Kevin Pollak as Joker, Jonathan Kent
- Aniki Noni Rose as Catwoman
- Reid Scott as Green Arrow, Victor Zsasz
- Faran Tahir as Ra’s al Ghul
- Fred Tatasciore as Captain Atom
- Janet Varney as Wonder Woman
- Andrew Morgado as Mirror Master Soldier
According to THR’s story, Injustice is expected to debut on home entertainment sometime this fall. It has Rick Morales (Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge) producing, Matt Peters (Justice League Dark) directing, and a script from Ernie Altbacker (Batman: Hush).
Seeing as Injustice: Gods Among Us was a pretty cool way of exploring the DC universe, and how well-received the game’s story mode was, it’s pretty rad to see this version of the DC universe get its own animated adaptation. More evil Superman, more superhero civil war, and lots of villains and heroes teaming up against each other.
The Injustice video game series, meanwhile, still has just the two entries so far. Hopes are circling for a new one, though Netherrealm’s been mostly focusing on Mortal Kombat.