A new patch for Homefront should fix some issues with the multiplayer today, at least on the Xbox 360 where the update is available — I guess that’s one way to do timed exclusivity. Beside some fixes here and there, a new “Ability Pack” has been included in the update as well.
Also, the first “Fire Sale” Map Pack DLC will hit Xbox LIVE on June 7th and will feature two new multiplayer maps. Two whole maps! On the same day, the “870 Express Shotgun” weapon can be downloaded, and a Premium Homefront theme for your 360 will be offered for free as a thank you for buying 2+ million copies despite mediocre reviews.
No official word on whether that shotgun will be free just like the Premium theme, as info about it won’t be released until June 7th. Check the patch notes and Ability Pack details below.
- Ice Cold: Invisible on thermal views and airstrike sensors
- Situational Awareness: Enemy gamertag appears when shot
- EMP Tactician: Deal more damage vs. EMP’d vehicles
- Short Fuse: Reduced cook time on frag grenades
- Bomb Suit: Take less damage from explosives
- Assist points for vehicle kills
- Rank Resets
- Game returns to MP menu instead of Main Menu after leaving a match
- Max ping limits for server connections (prevent connections to distant servers)
- Game freeze & hitching
- Joining Friends feature
- Beacon errors
- Party Connectivity; and
- Various other fixes
I don’t play Homefront, but “Joining Friends” sounds like a feature I’d want in a game if I, you know, buy it at launch. I sure love me some “Various other fixes” though, they really are my favorite kind.