Nintendo condensed their Pokemon Presents stream
Just the other day we got a lengthy Pokemon Presents video that dug deep into Pokemon Scarlet and Violet news: now we have a distillation of that mainline focus while cutting out all the other stuff. Titled “world overview,” the video was put up separately the day after the presentation, and serves as a six-minute rundown of the Scarlet and Violet bits.
As a recap, here is what the Pokemon Scarlet and Violet news video entails:
- The overview of the “partner legendary” system, which allows you to use the new box legendaries as vehicles (land, sea, and air)
- A breakdown of the story, and how you’re playing the role of a student at either the Naranja (Scarlet) or Uva (Violet) academy
- There are “eight gyms, three stories, and no set path” for conquering the gyms and story progression
- An intro to some of the cast (Professors Sada and Turo, Director Clavell, Mr. Jacq, your friend Nemona, Arven the upperclassman, Penny the “shy student,” and Grusha the ice type gym leader)
- A reminder of some existing old Pokemon, as well as the regional Wooper Paldean form, Fidough, and Cetitan
- Footage of the multiplayer function, involving co-op with up to three people and raid battles
- The Terastal gimmick, where Pokemon crystalize and can change types
After this presentation, I’m pretty into Scarlet and Violet, mostly due to the promise of the partner exploration system and multiplayer, in tandem. It sounds like a good time to just connect with someone and roam around the Paldea region.