It goes over basically everything
Although the voiceover is in Japanese, you’re getting a ton of footage either way, and the gist is easily communicated.
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet feature recap:
- The clip starts with an overview of some of the key members of the game, as well as another close-up look at the starter trio
- We then move into the two legendary Pokemon, who also serve as your motorcycle/mount, which can drive up mountains and fly
- The recap transitions into multiplayer, showing off how multiple people can join your game (but only for a brief moment)
- Then we get another look at the three “core” storylines: which you can tackle in any order (as a reminder, it’s Victory Road [trainer battles], Path of Legends [an explorer-themed questline], and Starfall Street [the antagonistic faction similar to Team Rocket]
- There’s a short montage of new creatures
- The video then shifts into the Terastallize mechanic, as well as raids with multiple trainers/players
- The ability to take photos wasn’t widely shown off before today, so if you’re interested in the more chill/social elements, tune in around 4:30 for some extra footage
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet are due on November 18, and will continue the “dual” release model following Pokemon Legends’ single release. I’m mostly on board, but I hope that the “open world” truly is open, and has a lot to do.
[Update: Nintendo has provided an English version of the trailer as of the week of November 16: which you can watch below.]