A trio of Splatoon 3 amiibo are on the way “this holiday,” too
I knew these figures would come in handy, here’s the Splatoon 3 amiibo unlock list!
What amiibo do in Splatoon 3
So the amiibo functionality is very straight-forward in Splatoon 3, as it has been in the past. All you have to do is turn around when zoning into the main hub city: you’ll see an action figure-like amiibo stand. Interact with it, and the game will ask you to scan an amiibo figure. Scanning a Splatoon amiibo (full list below) will bring that character into the game world momentarily.
I was able to scan amiibo with no requirements (with no level minimum either). After the tutorial just load into the city, then turn around.
If that figure isn’t registered or is registered to a new game, you’ll need to go through the process to link it to Splatoon 3 (which usually just includes a few quick taps). In addition to proving cosmetic rewards (which range from shoes, to headgear, to upper body clothes), you can also “pose with your amiibo for pictures.”
Splatoon 3 amiibo unlock list
Below is a list of what each figure provided with their unlock rewards. Four total figures did not scan properly or provide a reward: we’ll further investigate this as the game launches: it’s possible that several figures offer overlapping rewards. Item specifics can be found in the gallery above following each figure appearance.
- Inkling Girl (Smash series) – School Shoes + Hi Socks (feet), Base School Shoes (feet) – Doubled up with Inkling Girl (Green)
- Inkling Girl (Orange) – No reward (further verification required) – Potentially doubled up with another figure
- Inkling Boy (Blue) – Samurai Shoes (feet) – Doubled up with Inkling Boy (Purple)
- Inkling Squid (Green) – Power Armor (chest), Power Mask (head), Power Boots (feet)
- Callie – Hero Runner Replicas (feet), Hero Jacket Replica (chest), Hero Headset Replica (head)
- Marie – Armor Boot Replicas (feet), Armor Jacket Replica (chest), Armor Helmet Replica (head)
- Inkling Girl (Green) – School Shoes + Hi Socks (feet), Base School Shoes (feet), School Uniform A (chest), School Uniform B (chest), Squid Hairclip (head)
- Inkling Boy (Green) – Squinja Boots
- Inkling Boy (Purple) – Samurai Shoes (feet), Samurai Jacket (chest), Samurai Helmet (head)
- Inkling Squid (Purple) – Power Boots Mk I (feet)
- Pearl – Pearlescent Kicks (feet)
- Marina – Marinated Slip-Ons (feet)
- Octoling Girl – Enchanted Boots (feet), Enchanted Robe A (chest), Enchanted Robe B (chest), Enchanted Hat (head)
- Octoling Boy – Steel Greaves (feet), Steel Platemail (chest), Steel Helm (head)
- Octoling Octopus – Fresh Fish Feet (feet)
- Inkling Squid (Orange) – My amiibo did not scan properly in Splatoon 3 (further verification required)
- Inkling Girl (Red) – Baggy-Sock Fringe Loafs (feet), Base Fringed Loafers (feet)
When attempting to scan a non-Splatoon-amiibo, the in-game prompt notes: “Please tap an amiibo that is compatible with Splatoon 3.”
Three more amiibo are coming by the end of 2022
This isn’t the end, either, as three additional amiibo figures are being released by “this holiday.” As of publication, they have not been dated in the US.
- Octoling (Blue)
- Inkling (Yellow)
Once we can get proof of what they do in-game, we’ll add them here.