Video game, TCG & Pokken champs crowned
All weekend long, hundreds of Pokémon players from around the world converged on San Francisco, CA for the eighth annual Pokémon World Championship. After three days of good-spirited competition, eight have been crowned as the greatest Pokémon players in the world. If you missed it, The Pokémon Company has put together a montage that won’t tell you anything about who won, but is incredibly inspirational.
Pokémon Video Game World Champions
- Masters Division: Wolfe Glick from the United States
- Senior Division: Carson Confer from the United States
- Junior Division: Cory Conner from the United States
Pokémon Trading Card Game World Champions
- Masters Division: Shintaro Ito from Japan
- Senior Division: Jesper Eriksen from Denmark
- Junior Division: Shunto Sadahiro from Japan
Pokkén World Champions
- Masters Division: Masami “Potetin” Sato (won with Chandelure)
- Senior Division: Josh “Woomy!gun” Simmonite (won with Charizard)
Fun fact: Glick won using an OG 3DS model. Congratulations to them all. Even if I’m not huge into Pokémon, I think it would fun to attend one of these events. I may get my chance next year as it was announced the 2017 World Championship will be held in Anaheim, CA.