Win one of 10 copies! (Win, Mac, Linux)
Ladies and gents, I have another fine game to lavish upon you! Courtesy of the folks at Trese Brothers. Releasing tomorrow (Aug. 1), is Star Traders: Frontiers. The game will be available on Steam for $11.99 (20% discount) until August 8, when it goes back to its normal price of $14.99. It has garnered a lot of love while in early access, and rightfully so. I’ve had a blast being the Captain of my own vessel, and exploring (pirating) the depths of space, in a peaceful (murderous) manner. The game also receives regular updates from the devs (over 80 the past few months), and features space and ground combat. Let’s look at the feature list from Steam, and get to the nitty and the gritty though:
- Explore a rich, open universe: Discover endless procedurally-generated galactic maps, meet unique characters, and take on enemies to conquer the galaxy!
- Become an intergalactic captain: Take on the role of a spy, smuggler, explorer, pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more (26 jobs total)!
- Customize your own spaceship: Choose from more than 300 upgrades and build your very own vessel to venture across the vast reaches of space.
- Assemble and tailor a loyal crew: Assign talents and equip specialized gear for every spaceship crew member.
- Experience an ever-changing narrative: Decide to make friends or foes with other factions and influence political, economic, and personal vendettas.
- Mold the crew by your choices: As you make decisions and set the tone for your ship, your crew will grow and change to match. Destroy enemy ships with all hands on deck and your crew will become more bloodthirsty and savage. Explore distant worlds and loot dangerous wastelands and your crew will become intrepid and clever … or scarred and half-mad.
- No Second Chances! classic roguelike features including autosave, character permadeath (higher difficulties only), procedural maps and extraordinary replay
Sound good? I hope so, because as I said, I love it. How do you win, you ask? Simply leave me a comment telling me your favorite fictional spaceship below! I’ll then randomly pick and notify ten winners. Giveaway ends August 15 @ 11:59PM PST. Good luck!