More than just an event though, Besthesda has taken it upon them to drop a brand new major update for the game alongside of the Mothman festivities. On top of the season 7 kickoff (with the new Dr. Zorbo theme), they’ve also added some big quality of life improvements, including legendary loot sharing, as well as a better public event system that should get more people involved on a regular basis. An entire radio station (Pirate Radio) is also in.
You can find the core update notes below for version 184.108.40.206, including a rundown of the timeline of the Mothman event.
- Mothman Equinox: Until December 21, visit Point Pleasant in the Forest Region every hour to aid The Enlightened in summoning the Wise Mothman to Appalachia and earn new themed rewards!
- Season 7 Begins: Dr. Zorbo will have his revenge against Captain Cosmos—and you’re going to help! Rank up and claim stellar new rewards on the Season 7 Scoreboard, all while traveling the stars to aid Zorbo in assembling a devious crew.
- Quality-of-Life Improvements: We’ve added Legendary Loot Sharing, Nearby Corpse Looting, a Pip-Boy Keyring, and many more community-requested improvements to the game.
- Public Event Updates: We’ve made some improvements to help streamline our Public Event system and implemented balance changes for a variety of Public Events.
- Pirate Radio: A rogue broadcast is invading Appalachia’s airwaves! Tune your Pip-Boy to Pirate Radio to tap your toes to new tunes, catch radio dramas, and commercials.
Update Version 220.127.116.11
Check the download sizes below for today’s patch on your platform of choice:
- PC (Bethesda.net): 9.7 GB
- PC (Microsoft Store): 19.1 GB
- PC (Steam): 11.1 GB
- PlayStation: 18.5 GB
- Xbox: 19.0 GB
New Seasonal Event: Mothman Equinox
A group of robed travelers have just arrived in Appalachia, and they’ve taken up residence at Point Pleasant to celebrate a dubious occasion known as the Mothman Equinox. Calling themselves “The Enlightened,” this sect of the Wise Mothman’s most devoted followers plan to summon the cryptid through an elaborate ritual. Aid their dark endeavors and fend off rival cultists to earn the Wise Mothman’s favor!
- Until December 21, the Mothman Equinox Seasonal Event will take place every hour at the top of the hour at Point Pleasant in the Forest region of Appalachia.
- Begin the event by speaking with Interpreter Clarence on the roof of the Mothman Museum.
- Join other Dwellers to aid the Enlightened in completing ceremonial tasks around Point Pleasant, lighting ritual bonfires, and defending against an onslaught of rival Mothman Cultists.
- If you manage to finish each objective before its timer expires, head back to the Mothman Museum’s roof to complete the final step of the summoning, commune with the Wise Mothman, and have a chance to earn new themed plans.
- While you’re in Point Pleasant, don’t forget to hunt around for ways to learn more about the origins of the mysterious Enlightened.
- As long the Mothman Equinox Seasonal Event is live, you’ll also encounter Cultist High Priests during your adventures throughout Appalachia. Hunt down and dispatch them for more chances to earn Mothman Cult themed rewards, but watch out for their shadow creatures!