It focuses on lobby and multiplayer updates
Blizzard is putting out a rather large Diablo II: Resurrected patch today, and it aims to address backend stuff to make the game smoother.
The chief thing it tackles is matchmaking, as well as lobby displays. The Resurrected team admits that these elements weren’t working as well as they should have, so you should see more games populated than before as of today when the patch is live. “Any number of games in your region that have a strong enough connection” are now visible, and the game list has been doubled from 20 to 40, with a real-time ticker/updates. Both consoles and PC players will see the benefits of this change.
Online play has also been siloed into three categories: private, game creator (a more customizable form of public game), and game list (the aforementioned above list). PC players can also search through more finely tuned requirements, including keywords for like players. A few abilities have been fixed or altered too, including faster Barbarian movesets, and the Horadric Cube can be toggled to a hotkey. Console players can assign stat points in bulk now! You can find all of the quality of life improvements below.
Finally, the team is doing a sort of “double XP weekend” gimmick from June 30 through July 4: providing a 50% buff to Magic Find (read: you can uncover better loot), which stacks with existing Magic Find.
You can find the full patch notes here. Resurrected has practically gotten more support in a few months than Warcraft III: Reforged has in its lifetime!
Diablo II: Resurrected patch quality of life improvements:
- Players can now start a new Whirlwind, Leap, or Leap Attack immediately after a Whirlwind ends.
- Changed the logic for determining how often Whirlwind attacks occur. Whirlwind now incorporates Increased Attack Speed (IAS) from all equipment. The frames between each Whirlwind attack are equal to the attack frame of a basic attack for that character (modified by increased attack speed). While dual wielding, the attack frame for each weapon will be averaged (rounding up). Overall, Whirlwind attacks should be at least as fast as they were before. Slower weapons will attack notably faster.
- Added a new “Loot to Cube” skill for controllers in the general skills menu. Using this skill on an item will pick it up and place it in your Horadric Cube, if there is space.
- Added a bindable hotkey for mouse and keyboard to directly open the Horadric Cube if it is in your inventory.
- Added a new button shortcut to open the Horadric Cube from the inventory menu.
- Players can now bulk assign stat points using a controller.
- A confirmation prompt will now appear when bulk assigning all remaining stat points on both PC and console. This option is unavailable while using legacy graphics.
- Added an Automap Auto Open setting to allow players to set their preferred Automap position.
- You can now double click on a game to join it in the PC lobby.
- Players on Switch can now join a friend’s game via the in-game Friends List.
- Game List size has been doubled from 20 to 40.
- Game list details in both the details panel and in the Game List now load faster upon selecting a game.
- Friends playing D2R are now sorted to the top of the Friends List.
- Console players now have an option in the options menu to toggle Game Name visibility.