Also, Slime Rancher 2
The Xbox Game Pass list for September has been published by Microsoft, and there’s a few really great additions this month.
Deathloop is the clear-cut big one here, given that it was previously a PlayStation exclusive, and a punt for a lot of folks. The premise isn’t for everyone, and even after a fairly positive critical reception, I don’t blame anyone for wanting to wait on the fence for it. A Game Pass release ending an exclusivity period is the perfect combo.
The rest of the list isn’t slouching either. Hardspace: Shipbreaker adds some variety to the mix, as does Slime Rancher 2. Another big round comes in late September, with Grounded (a major Obsidian/Microsoft release) hitting the service on September 27, followed by a Valheim game preview. Again, a lot of Game Pass offerings are nailing it in terms of adding a good chunk of “wait and see” projects. For many, since it launched in early access in early 2021, Valheim is one of the biggest examples of that. It’s still slated for a 2023 full release, by the way.
Xbox Game Pass in September offerings
Week of September 19:
- Deathloop, September 20 (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker, September 20 (Cloud and Xbox Series X|S)
- SpiderHeck, September 22 (Console and PC)
- Beacon Pines, September 22 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Slime Rancher 2 (Game Preview), September 22 (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)
Week of September 26:
- Moonscars, September 27 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Grounded – Full Release, September 27 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Let’s Build a Zoo, September 29 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Valheim (Game Preview), September 29 (PC)
- PAW Patrol Grand Prix, September 30 (Cloud, Console, and PC)