Mind your wings, folks
We’ve got a limited Switch edition of Close to the Sun up for grabs in today’s contest!
Alright, I’m a happy camper today. This contest combines three of my favorite things — spookery and atmospheric storytelling, cool limited releases of games, and of course, physical prizes. Any of the three would be a good one to me, but all three together of course means it’s just that much better.
Close to the Sun is a thrilling adventure title that just released on consoles a few weeks ago. We’ve got a limited Collector’s Edition for Switch to give away, because we’re just awesome like that. This bad boy is limited to 1,000 copies, so it’s in pretty small supply. Come win it and be one of the happy few to own it!
Check out the trailer above and the press info below to learn more about the game. I’m too spooked out to try to summarize this one on my own.
Grounded in an alternative 19th Century where famed inventor and futurist Nikola Tesla was able to fulfil his shocking potential, Close to the Sun sees players step onto the Helios – a colossal vessel built for scientific research, steeped in horror and mystery. As the heroine, Rose, players find themselves walking the massive area looking for their lost sister on the majestic yet mysterious ship created by Tesla. Where is Ada and what happened? Grand halls stand empty. The stench of rotting flesh lingers in the air. Silence. A single word is painted across the entrance — QUARANTINE!
I’m getting some definite BioShock vibes here, which is absolutely a good thing.
Here’s what you’ll be winning when you get this Switch limited edition package:
- Physical copy of Close to the Sun
- Stunning Art Deco FuturePAK metal game case compatible with your chosen format
- Deluxe hardback artbook featuring 48 pages of awe-inspiring Close to the Sun game art
- Exclusive Close to the Sun, Faraday Key-Card metal pin badge
- 7″ vinyl record featuring the Close to the Sun mesmerising titular track by Porcelain Pill
- Ada’s heartfelt letter to her sister Rose, summoning her aboard the Helios
- Numbered and stylised certificate of authenticity
- Premium finish fitted presentation box
- A bonus digital copy of Close to the Sun for the Epic Games Store so fans can enjoy the game in its original format
To enter to win your copy, use the widget below to leave your name and email address. You can enter daily. For bonus entries, follow Dtoid and publisher Wired Productions on Twitter, and share our contest post with your friends.
In the meantime, talk about atmosphere in video games below. Is it important to you? Does it define an experience? Which game(s) do atmosphere best? Tell us all about it, kids.
We have one Switch copy of this limited collector’s edition to give away; you must have a United States shipping address in order to win. Winner will be drawn Wednesday, November 20.
Close to the Sun is available digitally on PC and consoles, and available to purchase physically via the Wired Productions store.