A theatre-management RPG
Don’t be so dramatic: Enter our contest to win your Switch copy of The Rainsdowne Players!
You might be shocked to hear this, but Destructoid has never, EVER given away copies of any theatre-management adventure RPG title. Crazy, right?
Well I’m here to break down barriers, baby. Come win a Switch copy of The Rainsdowne Players, and make Dtoid history with me!
You’ve just opened up a new theatre! But on the wrong side of town. Damn. Do your best to impress the locals with your top-notch stage productions. Be careful — they’re armed to the gills with tomatoes, bottles, and fish, ready to unleash fury at the slightest hint of imperfection. This creative RPG will challenge your dramatic abilities and patience as you do your best to satisfy the unruly patrons!
- Correctly handle “friendly encouragement” from your audience, in the form of thrown bottles, tomatoes, and even the occasional fish.
- Collect inspiration cards from the audience, and combine them to concoct new plays to please the pickier customers.
- Hang out with a homeless cat who likes board games.
- Convince the ticket desk clerk not to leave her dead end job.
- Survive a boss battle in the form of several hundred disinterested schoolchildren.
You know what really sold me on this? This line in the email pitch to Dtoid:
“Plays like if Paper Mario and Majora’s Mask had a child, but the father was secretly Rhythm Tengoku.” – Me (desperately trying to pitch my game in the opening paragraph of an email before you lose interest)
Take note, indie devs. This is how you catch my attention.
To enter to win your copy, use the widget below to leave your name and email address. You can enter daily for additional chances to win. Make sure to specify your region. For bonus entries, follow Dtoid and @SOGormanGames on Twitter, and share our contest post with your friends.
While you’re waiting for winners to be announced, comment below your best pitch line to get my attention. Y’all should know what I’m looking for by now.
We have two NA and two EU keys to give out. Winners will be drawn on Wednesday, April 3.
The Rainsdowne Players is available now for Nintendo Switch. (Also it’s only $4 so if you don’t win it, buy it lol.)