Old-school RPG bliss
Looking for a free game? Of course you are! Check out this contest for CrossCode.
There are few things better than an indie game success story. Ya just gotta love a game that spends seven years in development that still manages to build up steam along the way — that’s when you know something is gonna be good.
For those of you who’ve been following its journey, the long wait is over: CrossCode is finally out! And we’ve got 10 Steam copies to give away, courtesy of Radical Fish Games.
CrossCode is a 16-bit era-inspired action RPG set in the distant future. You play as Lea, a player in the futuristic MMO CrossWorlds as she logs in to find the pieces of her memory hidden within the game’s code. As Lea recovers more of her memories in the game world a larger scheme unravels, revealing the true reasons the game exists.
- Dive into a massive adventure with a playtime of around 40-80 hours
- Explore a large world with 7 unique areas and hidden secrets all over the place
- Fight over 120 enemy types including 30+ boss fights
- Enter 8 expansive dungeons all with with unique themes and puzzle mechanics
- Master up to 100 combat arts and even more passive skills
- Solve over 100 quests with a great variety of tasks and unique challenges
- 60+ music tracks made by a rice ball (well, not exactly)
God, 16-bit RPGs are gorgeous.
For your chance to win, comment below with the long-lost memory you had to recover in CrossWorlds. After 900+ hours of grinding and spamming the “Macarena” dance emote, I finally remembered where I left my keys. They were in my pocket the whole time! That’s thirty-seven and a half days I’ll never get back.
Our 10 winners will be randomly chosen on Wednesday, September 26. Make sure you comment using a Dtoid account that has your current email address on file. Also, tell your friends about this contest because you’re a nice person and you want others to win things, too.