Dungeon bad. Gungeon good!
Today’s contest features a physical copy of acclaimed dungeon crawler Enter the Gungeon!
I say it all the time: I much prefer physical releases to digital ones. That’s why any time a publisher wants to give us physical copies of games to give out, I instantly jump at the chance. This goes double when it’s a kickass title like Enter the Gungeon.
So, to celebrate this kickass game, let’s kick some ass and give away a copy of its brand new physical release! God, I love my job.
You’re a crew of misfits shooting, dodging, and looting your way through the legendary Gungeon so seek the ultimate prize: A gun that can erase your past. There’s like a ton of guns and enemies and things going on, but I think if you’re reading this you’re into that kind of thing. Also there’s a gun that shoots ducks, which is pretty much all they need to say to sell me on something.
…a gun. That shoots ducks instead of bullets. That’s it.
So, what’s the deal with the physical release? Read these words and also look at this picture.
- Retail Exclusives – The physical version comes equipped with the exclusive “Shotgun Kin” playable skin, reversible jacket artwork, the game’s original soundtrack, limited edition stickers and an exclusive Bullet Kin papercraft.
- Previously Released Content – Players who pick up the game at retail can battle through all previously released DLC, including the final update, “A Farewell to Arms.”
- Local Co-op – When the bullet hell becomes too hellish or if there aren’t enough bullets flying around the screen, players can grab a friend for local co-op to crusade through the Gungeon together.
- The Legendary Gungeon – The constantly-evolving bullet hell fortress blends hand-designed rooms within a procedurally-generated labyrinth bent on destroying all that enter its walls as it continually raises the stakes and the challenges.
- The Cult of the Gundead – The Gungeon is littered with zealous Cult of the Gundead, disciples of the gun that will stop at nothing to defend their temple. Each enemy type wields unique firing patterns that players will need to learn in order to survive.
- The Gungeoneers – Several unlikely heroes are at the player’s disposal, each burdened by a deep regret and in search of a way to change their past, no matter the cost. Filled with equal parts courage and desperation, these adventurers won’t hesitate to do what it takes to make it to their goal alive.
- The Guns – Players discover and unlock scores of unique guns, each with its own unique tactics and ammunition. These guns unleash everything, from the tried-and-true medley of missiles, lasers, and cannonballs to the bizarrely effective volley of rainbows, fish, foam darts, and bees. Yes, bees.
To enter to win this bad boy, use the widget below to leave your name and email address. You can enter daily. For bonus entries, follow Dtoid, Dodge Roll Games, and Devolver Digital on Twitter, and share our contest post with your friends.
While you’re waiting to see who won, comment below telling us your favorite weapon from the game! Clearly, mine is the duck gun. I want one in real life. Anyone know where I can pick one up for relatively cheap?
We have one copy of the game to give away — the winner must have a United States mailing address. The prize will be drawn on Monday, August 12.