Remember that game that looks like Borderlands and has a logo that REALLY looks like StarCraft? Well, it seems free-to-play FPS Firefall has hit a pretty high number of registered users: half-a-million to be exact. That’s almost like a number worth announcing in a press release or something!
“We’re treating Firefall as a service, which means it’s critical that we’re continually adding value and fun for players,” said Mark Kern, CEO of developer Red 5. “Having a large and growing community lets us know that we’re on the right track. But more importantly, their feedback helps us stay on the right track.”
Shut up! Just stop it, Mark! You had me at “fun”! YOU HAD ME AT FUN! Because I love fun. So does our Joshua Derocher who seemed to have had a pretty fun time with Firefall at PAX East earlier this year. Hurrah! FUN! Tickle fight, tee hee hee!
You know what else is fun? System specs after the jump!
- OS: Windows XP (32/64-bit)
- PROCESSOR (AMD): Dual Core @ 2.6 Ghz (Athon 64 x2, Athlon II x2, Phenom II x2)
- PROCESSOR (Intel): Dual Core @ 2.2 Ghz (Core 2, Core i3, Pentium Dual Core)
- GPU: DirectX 9 compatible AMD or Nvidia video card with 1GB RAM (AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4550 or Nvidia Geforce 8600)
- MEMORY: 4 GB
- PROCESSOR (AMD): Quad Core @ 2.8 Ghz (Athlon II X4, Phenom, Phenom II X4)
- PROCESSOR (Intel): Quad Core @ 2.4 Ghz (Core 2 Quad, i5, i7)
- GPU: AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4850 or Nvidia Geforce GTS 450
- MEMORY: 4 GB