Details about CCP’s World of Darkness have come out of a panel at The Grand Masquerade. The MMO is still in pre-production, which would explain why news has been so silent. Community sites who were in attendance got the juicy info, though it’s been warned that some of this stuff is subject to change.
- The rendering engine will be more advanced than Incarna
- All players start off mortal, and you have the option of remaining this way
- Permanent death is possible for mortals and kindred
- Multiple cities and clans; players can work their way up to Prince status and rule a city
- Promise of real in-game consequences, a changing game world
- Like the source material, they won’t be shying away from gore and nudity
While I don’t see myself playing this, much like EVE Online, I’m sure World of Darkness will be a joy for outside observers. You’ve got to appreciate CCP’s hardcore take on online gaming.
New WoD MMO info from The Grand Masquerade [World of Darkness News]