There’s a lot going on in Sumeru
It feels like the new Sumeru region just arrived in Genshin Impact via the 3.0 update, but 3.2 is nearly upon us. This Genshin Impact 3.2 overview trailer does a decent job of reminding folks of the vibe of Sumeru, as well as some of the new happenings with the upcoming patch.
Here’s a Genshin Impact 3.2 overview:
- Nahida and Yoimiya will be the first characters to arrive with the patch (Nahida is kind of a big deal, as she’s the Dendro Archon of the region)
- Yae Miko, Layla, and Tartaglia (Childe) come next
- New events are coming, as well as the marquee “Fabulous Fungus Frenzy” competition
- Adventurer’s Trials (with oddball goals) are coming
- The Dendro Hypostasis will allow players to fight Hypostasis of every element
- A “Replication System” mechanic will be implemented in the Serenitea world, where you can copy and paste over designs
It’s too early to call Sumeru my favorite region: but the team has done a great job of making the story feel cohesive, and creating a crescendo of stakes. As more updates come out, it’ll probably help its case. It’s definitely one of the more varied zones in the game, and the events have been practically nonstop for it since 3.0.
Genshin Impact 3.2 hits on November 2.