Third Rome is the newest expansion for Europa Universalis IV
The Russians. Comrade Putin and company have threatened our very democracy with alleged phishing schemes that fooled an old man and single-handedly led to Trump — who is gay for Putin, by the way. I love our modern red scare, woke homophobia and complete inability to reckon with personal failings. The damn commies are at it again (even if they haven’t existed in 30 years).
Europa Universalis IV is cashing in with a new “Immersion pack” (slightly smaller than an expansion pack), Third Rome, which focuses on Russia. Updates include:
- Tsardoms and Principalities: New ranks of Russian government with new abilities and, for Tsars, strong bonuses including the right to claim entire States – not just provinces
- Iconography: Commission great religious icons for the Orthodox Church, boosting your empire’s power depending on the saint you choose to revere
- Patriarchs: Consecrate highly developed provinces with Patriarchs, adding to the authority of the Orthodox Church, but for a cost.
- Streltsy: Special Russian soldiers that excel in combat, but raise the cost of stabilizing your empire
- Siberian Frontier: Russian nations can slowly colonize uninhabited border regions, with no fear of native uprisings
- New Graphics: Includes three full unit packs and new portraits for Eastern Europe.