Hope you weren’t holding your breath
Driveclub was promised to be a launch title for the PS4 and released free as part of the offerings provided for PlayStation Plus, but was delayed two weeks prior to launch and didn’t end up releasing till nearly a year later. On top of that major snafu, there was plenty of confusion as to just what the difference between the retail and PS+ versions would be.
Now over eight months after the game’s retail release, the PS+ version of the game has finally been launched was up for download for an hour or so before being removed from the store. This description of the PS+ version:
DRIVECLUB™ PlayStation®Plus Edition includes:
• Every DRIVECLUB™ feature: from online multiplayer matches and challenges, to offline solo racing, Tour events, customisation, replays, Photo Mode and more.
• The option to create your own races with full control over the time of day and the weather.
• Access to all 13 tracks in India, one of six locations in DRIVECLUB™.
• 15 cars for your garage.
• A full set of 27 PlayStation® trophies, including the precious Platinum.
• To add an extra 40+ cars, 65 tracks and a vast single player campaign, upgrade to the full game version at PlayStation®Store.
The upgrade to the full version of the game will cost $24.99. Driveclub currently retails for $39.99. Welp, back to waiting then.