‘We are rigorously testing 1.3.0’
If you’ve played Marvel’s Avengers, you might have recognized the “hundreds of smaller quality of life issues” that the game is dealing with right now. Well, the good news is that Square Enix is seeking to address a ton of those shortcomings in the next patch (V.1.3.0). But will it fundamentally overhaul the core loop of the game? Not likely.
Amid a heap of patch notes for version 1.2.5 (which went up this past week), the team teased that version 1.3.0 will be the “largest” update yet and will further shore up existing bugs. Currently there’s no timeline for the patch, but the team is “rigorously testing” it.
Naturally, the microtransaction store also got an update, adding a new takedown, an emote and a new suit for Iron Man. Square Enix reminds us that it’s using the Fornite FOMO style of marketplace, with “rotating weekly” items.
This game is in such a weird spot! It feels like it’s cribbing from multiple live service games, but forgot to be its own thing. Whether Marvel, Square Enix, or Crystal Dynamics itself decided to make it a live service game is irrelevant at this point: I can’t help but think how this could have turned out with a more focused vision akin to an open world Tomb Raider joint.
Avenger’s War Table Weekly [Square Enix]
PC Patch Notes: V1.0 Build 12.11
We released a hotfix-patch for Marvel’s Avengers, build 12.11, in response to some significant issues seen for some players. This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.
List of fixes for this patch:
- Fixes the issue where some outfits were being relocked. We are still investigating how to return outfits that don’t come from the Marketplace or through Challenge Cards to affected players.
- Fixed a problem which caused some players to fall out of world when starting Avengers Initiative.
- Fixes for certain DEVICE_HUNG crashes that some uses are experiencing.
PlayStation & Xbox Patch Notes V1.2.5
Patch fixes for V1.2.4 have been combined with V1.2.5 – the below patch notes account for both updates.
Patch V1.2.5 resolves a number of playthroughs stoppers. Our next patch – V1.3.0 – will be our largest yet and will resolve bad states for bugs fixed in 1.2.5, as well as address hundreds of smaller quality of life issues. We are rigorously testing V1.3.0. to ensure it is ready for deployment, and will update you when we have a timeline to share!
- Resolved an infrequent bug where players are unable to progress with the campaign due to an infinite loading screen.
- This patch does not resolve the fix for those who have already encountered it – bad save states will be resolved in V1.3.0.
- Addressed majority of instances of a partially loaded Helicarrier which resulted in characters infinitely falling out of world when trying to access the Avengers Initiative.
- There are rare instances where this could happen still, but the patch ensures that loading back into the main menu and then returning to the Avengers Initiative will resolve it. We are still working to eliminate this bug entirely.
- Campaign Mission reward outfits will no longer disappear from Cosmetics Inventory UI. This presented as costumes that were previously unlocked through campaign progress – such as the Stark Tech outfits – reverting to a locked state.
- We prevented this from happening in V1.2.5, but the patch does not return outfits for those who have already encountered it – bad save states will be resolved In V1.3.0.
- [Updated for Clarity] Marketplace and Challenge Card outfits should no longer temporarily appear locked if you lose connectivity while in the game. We are still investigating locked Pattern and Vendor outfits.
- Updated Community Challenge UI that now reflects current community progress.
- Backup Save UI improvements
- Load time optimizations
- Xbox Only: Achievements should now unlock and increment properly. We are still investigating if all Achievements will be granted retroactively – our current theory is that story-based will, but challenge-based will not.