Get ready to party with Jackbox Party Pack 9
A staple at any good party, the Jackbox games have become something of a ubiquity for people who love a good group game at a get-together. They’re well-designed, easy to understand, and anyone can partake as long as they have a phone or computer to use. The Jackbox model is pretty genius, and it’s one of those series I’m always going to check out every time they have a new release.
That’s why I’m super excited to see the trailer drop for their newest release, Jackbox Party Pack 9. It’s yet another excuse to have a bunch of friends over and sit down to check out the new games. There are four completely new games in this pack, as well as the return of a revamped favorite:
- Quixort, a co-op trivia sorting game where players will have to sort a series of blocks in order thanks to the help of some little robots.
- Junktopia, a storytelling game where players are turned into frogs by an evil wizard, and must earn their way back into the wizard’s good graces by giving random objects amusing backstories to increase their values.
- Roomerang, a role-playing game where players take on the role of gameshow contestants and must answer prompts and avoid elimination.
- Nonsensory, a laid-back game where players write, draw, and try to guess the silly things that their friends wrote and drew.
- And of course Fibbage 4, the return of a classic where players must bluff and get other players to believe their false answers.
The new trailer that dropped today gives a nice, quick overview of what each game entails if you’re looking for a summary. There are also some adorable pugs involved, which I think is only due to their being adorable. Whatever, I’m not complaining.
Jackbox Party Pack 9 will be available on Nintendo Switch, Xbox, PlayStation, and Steam, with an announcement of the release date coming soon.