Jackbox is back again
It seems like yesterday that Jackbox games came out for the first time and revolutionized the party game scene, but they just announced their newest release: Jackbox Party Pack 9. How we went through so many Party Packs this quickly is beyond me, but given how much I play these games at my own events, I’m excited to have another set of games to try out.
I have to admit I always look forward to seeing the theming of each Party Pack, and this time each of the games are made to look like a billboard, with the number 9 floating in the sky like a cloud — cute.
The games in Jackbox Party Pack 9 include:
- Quixort, a co-op trivia sorting game where players will have to sort a series of blocks in order thanks to the help of some little robots.
- Junktopia, a storytelling game where players are turned into frogs by an evil wizard, and must earn their way back into the wizard’s good graces by giving random objects amusing backstories to increase their values.
- Roomerang, a role-playing game where players take on the role of gameshow contestants and must answer prompts and avoid elimination.
- Fibbage 4, the return of a classic where players must bluff and get other players to believe their false answers.
- And finally Nonsensory, a laid-back game where players write, draw, and try to guess the silly things that their friends wrote and drew.
The return of Fibbage also brings some new features along as well, like Fibbage Enough About You mode, Cookie’s VHS Vault, Fibbage Fan Questions, and more. If you want to see the new games in action, you can also check out the livestream event that Jackbox put on in conjunction with Gish.
The Jackbox Party Pack 9 is set to release this fall, so we’ll have plenty of fun new games to try out at our parties in the coming months.