E3. I’ll be there. FOR WORK. Not bitching, though. I love E3, and I’m glad that the Robot in the Sky sends me to cover it, but I’d love to just attend the show as a videogamer just once, and not one that has to scramble to make meetings and showings.
You could be that guy by winning Sony’s contest. You would be PlayStation’s “guest,” whatever that means. I’m sure that’s a good thing.
Who’s going to decide who goes? It’s Kevin Butler, the fake PlayStation VP of Everything and Anything that you’ve seen in recent PS3 commercials. You have to create an “open letter” video to Kevin Butler and include these key points:
- Each video should begin with the phrase “Dear PlayStation”
- Include your take on Kevin Butler’s ever-changing title
- Make sure you include your own name and title (e.g., John Smith, Desperate Fan)
- Keep your submissions brief and to the point (30 seconds or less)
- Videos can be about anything PlayStation related
- All content must be original—no copyrighted music, video, pictures, etc.
- Don’t film Kevin’s response
- Need some inspiration? Check out the television commercials here
Take your submission, upload it to your favorite video hosting site, and send it to [email protected] by May 16th. Include your current contact info in that email. As for who is eligible, you’ll have to be 18 or older and a PlayStation Network member.
What do you win? A trip to Los Angeles to attend E3 on June 15, 16, and 17, complete with hotel room and per diem. Nice.
It would be great if a Destructoid reader won this. You could come to our E3 party! I know our readers could crank out a hilarious video. They’re looking for creative, funny and original. You guys got this.