Sunday Rose Kidman Urban. No, that’s not just a random string of words we threw together to get hits. That’s what proud parents Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban named their newborn baby girl.
Squid Bennett Ryan Banana Farm Jackson Gonzalez Thursday Cantler. That will be the name of our office dog. Had we not spent a good portion of the day trawling local animal shelters for our new pet, we might have told you about these bits of videogame news:
- Ignition Entertainment will be using the Unreal Engine 3.0 to make a groundbreaking first-person shooter. Grrlaction thinks you should be able to see your nose in FPS games; go on, look down. [VideoGamer.com]
- Fatal Inertia hits PSN next week with no trophy support, which is fine, because firmware 2.40 never happened. [CVG]
- Speaking of which, apparently PlayStation 3 firmware 2.41 might be coming next week, now with .01 less “bricked my console” complaints. [Next Generation]
- It looks like Rock Band 2 will have a wireless drum kit. Finally, that crane I rigged in my living room can be put to good use. [Amazon — thanks, power-glove]
- Finally, Australians can cut the heads off of zombies in Dark Sector and see the same animations over and over and over and … [GamesIndustry]
- Nolan Bushnell knows a thing or two about Atari, thinks the company is struggling because it hasn’t “stood for anything.” [Gamasutra]
- Some dudes are torturing themselves with a Mega Man marathon for Child’s Play, which is a good cause indeed. They will pee in bottles in order to defeat Gutsman starting this Friday, July 11. [Mega Man Marathon]
Send your videogame-related news and tips to [email protected] … because we’re going to be busy trying to figure out a way to fit our dog’s name onto its tags. Wish me luck.