There’s no short supply of vocal people around these parts who didn’t enjoy Resident Evil 5. Why? My guess is they didn’t find it scary enough, it was too similar to Resident Evil 4, and it also wasn’t as good as its predecessor. Does that make it a ridiculously horrible game that no one should ever play? Apparently.
But for those who found Resident Evil 5 to be the game equivalent of a summer action flick, or just plain liked hearing D.C. Douglas say the word “uroboros” again and again, here are the requirements for the PC version, which is due out in September.
Minimum system requirements:
- OS: Windows XP/Windows Vista
- HDD: 8 GB of free space
- CPU: Intel Pentium D Processor/AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Ram: Windows Vista (1 GB), Windows XP (512 MB)
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series/ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro with 256 MB of ram, DirectX9.0c/Shader 3.0
Recommended system requirements:
- CPU: Intel Core2Quad Processor or better/AMD Phenom X4 or better
- Ram: Windows Vista (2 GB), Windows XP (1 GB)
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 series or better/ATI Radeon HD 4800 series or better with 512 MB of ram or more
Besides having exclusive costumes for Chris and Sheva and being viewable in stereoscopic 3D, the PC port has three times as many enemies in Mercenaries mode than its console brethren. All things considered, it sounds like the wait might be worth it.