Arthur Morgan rides again
After being briefly usurped last week by the amazing success of Nintendo’s crossover fighter Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Rockstar’s epic western adventure Red Dead Redemption 2 is back atop the UK Charts.
Red Dead 2 is followed up by Electronic Arts’ perennial FIFA 19 and Activision’s Call of Duty: Black Ops 4. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has settled at number four this week, nestled next to fellow Switch release Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Holidays sales have given a boost to Activision retro-compilations Spyro: Reignited Trilogy and Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, which are very popular titles here in the UK.
Next week’s chart will see the official Christmas number one, at least where the UK high street is concerned. As expected, it seems likely that Rockstar will be walking away with the prize this year. As to whether the high street charts retain any relevancy at all come this time next year remains to be seen.
U.K. video game sales chart w/e: December 15 2018
(Chart reflects in-store sales only)
1. Red Dead Redemption 2 – Take 2
2. FIFA 19 – Electronic Arts
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 – Activision
4. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Nintendo
5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Nintendo
6. Spyro Reignited Trilogy – Activision
7. Battlefield 5 – Electronic Arts
8. Forza Horizon 4 – Microsoft
9. Marvel’s Spider-Man – Sony Interactive Entertainment
10. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy – Activision
U.K. video game charts [GFK Chart-Track]