Note that it’s technically a UK promotion
In what is one of the nicer, but extremely late giveaways in the Pokemon space: UK retailer GAME is allowing folks to pick up a free Shiny Eternatus code without going into the store.
As highlighted by Joe Merrick of Serebii.net fame, GAME now has a web form that you can simply fill out to gain access to the Pokemon in Sword and Shield. Here are the details on what you actually get:
“Shiny Eternatus will arrive in your game at Lv. 100 with a Timid Nature and the Pressure Ability. It’ll know the moves Dynamax Cannon, Eternabeam, Sludge Bomb, and Flamethrower, so it should make a powerful addition to your team!”
While the promo is technically suited for the UK region, and some users have noted that they are geo-blocked: others have been able to access it and utilize the email form. Note that you have until November 17 to take advantage (or until they run out), and you can tap someone you know in the UK if the site is giving you trouble.
How to get a free shiny Eternatus in Pokemon Sword and Shield
The site indicates that you will not get GAME marketing emails: but rather, this form is just for the code.
Nintendo also provides re-iterated instructions on mystery gift redemption:
To claim your in-game gift, follow these steps:
- Launch your Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield
- Select Mystery Gift on the X menu.
- Select Get a Mystery Gift.
- Select Get with Code/Password to save your game and connect to the internet.
- Enter your code or password.
- Watch as the gift arrives in your game. (Pokémon will appear in your party or your Pokémon Boxes. Items will appear in your Bag.)
- Be sure to save your game.