Prince of Persia is one of those titles that seemed to divide gamers in 2008 — either you loved it, or you simply hated it. For me, it was one of the best gaming experiences of last year. So if you hear shouting, that’s me yelling in excitement about the game’s upcoming downloadable content.
Ubisoft has revealed that some huge “Epilogue” downloadable content will be coming on February 26. By “huge,” we’re talking a new area, a new power, a new attack … here’s the list in bullet-point form, direct from Ubisoft:
- New Region: The Underground Palace – A corrupted underground palace from which the Prince and Elika need to escape in a new epic journey.
- New Power: Energize – Reconstruct destroyed areas of the environment to create a path and rush through it before it vanishes.
- New high pace: The new trap challenge – The Prince and Elika will face more cunning foes, cleverer traps and level design, adding more to the difficulty level in over 3 hours of gameplay.
- New Attack: Sprinting Clash – A duel move that lets you or the enemy trigger a sprint attack, charging towards each other, clashing your weapons fiercely.
- New Unlockable Skins: Finish the game and unlock exclusively, from the early development of the game, the Prototype characters of the Prince and Elika.
No word on pricing for the “Epilogue” content, but it looks like it should be a good value, considering the amount of content. So: do want or do not want?