Oh wow, I forgot It Takes Two launched this year
We’ve got another PlayStation Store sale to sift through between now and October 20, and this time, the theme is hidden gems. Loosely. To a wide audience that doesn’t keep up, sure, a lot of these indie games, even the big-hitters, might not be super well-known, but should Final Fantasy XV and Metal Gear Solid V really be featured? I mean, deals are deals…
Of the 400 games in the Hidden Gems sale, some of these PS4 and PS5 titles are hidden, some of them are gems, and a few of them genuinely earn that hidden-gem status.
Here are some highlights and personal recommendations
- It Takes Two ($29.99) — one of the best local and online co-op games of the year.
- Little Nightmares ($4.99) — a tense puzzle-platformer with a uniquely messed-up world. Only the base game is on sale, so no story DLC.
- Judgment ($19.49 on PS4, $23.99 on PS5) — an interesting spin on the Yakuza formula with a great lead. Shame it’s not cross-buy, though!
- Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood ($8.99) — a fantastic price for these two Castlevania bangers.
- Orcs Must Die! 3 ($23.99) — a cozy trap-laying action game that’s familiar but fun.
- Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin ($27.99) — that rice-growing action-RPG you keep hearing good things about.
- Prey: Digital Deluxe Edition ($11.99) — something to play before (or after) Deathloop.
- Salt and Sanctuary ($5.39) — you might want to brush up before the sequel in 2022.
- Pyre ($5.99) — for when you finally walk away from Hades.
- Ghost of a Tale ($9.99) — an honest-to-god hidden gem about a mouse.
- SteamWorld Dig ($2.49) and SteamWorld Dig 2 ($6.99) — I can’t recommend these metroidvania games enough. They’re among the best.
- ScourgeBringer ($11.04) — a fast-moving roguelite action game.
- Gorogoa ($4.49) — a pleasant and artful puzzle game.
- Aggelos ($4.49) — a new but decidedly retro tribute to games like Wonder Boy.
- I Am Dead ($14.99) — an under-the-radar afterlife adventure from Annapurna.
- Anodyne 2: Return to Dust ($13.99) — come explore this strange low-poly world.
- The Pathless ($23.99) — that game with the bow and arrow from the maker of Abzu.
- Stonefly ($13.99) — another actual hidden gem about tiny bug mechs.
Welp, those are my picks. I tried to balance newer and admittedly higher-priced games that you might’ve skipped at launch with some much-cheaper oldies-but-goodies. There are definitely some fantastic games in here (Celeste! Slay the Spire!) that we’ve heavily featured before in prior sales, so my list is really just scratching the surface.
The PlayStation Store Hidden Gems sale lasts until 11:59 p.m. Pacific on October 20.