In Japan it’s called NieR. In North America, it’s called NIER. Don’t ask me why, it just is. Everything about this game is weird. Like the fact that we get one version of the game, but Japan gets two different versions, one starring a slightly younger incarnation of the game’s main hero. Bizarre game, and one we can enjoy on April 27.
Yep, that’s the release date given to us by Square Enix, along with the clarification on the new way to spell it. The game’s looking like my kind of bag, so I’m really looking forward to checking it out. And no, it’s not just because it features a sexy lady with boy-parts.
That definitely helps, though.
SQUARE ENIX’S NIER TO RELEASE IN NORTH AMERICA APRIL 27, 2010
Ship Date Announced for Upcoming Action-RPG
LOS ANGELES (February 3, 2010) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that their upcoming Action-RPG NIER™ for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, will be available at North American retail outlets on April 27, 2010.
The latest offering from the RPG masters at Square Enix, NIER is a unique “Action-RPG” that blends traditional RPG gameplay mechanics with intense, bloody combat and powerful magic to create an action-packed single-player experience where players explore and discover a future lost to a shadowy past.
Developed by cavia Inc, NIER delivers on Square Enix’s renowned pedigree for creating unique and twisting storylines coupled with deep character development – a pedigree that has kept gamers around the world enraptured for decades.
Players will jump into the title role of the unyielding Nier as he begins his desperate quest to discover a cure for his daughter, Yonah, who is stricken with the deadly Black Scrawl disease. Armed with powerful magic as well as mighty swords, Nier will battle alongside formidable allies against waves of dark enemies and giant bosses to discover the truth about the disease, his daughter…and himself.
For more information about NIER, please visit the game’s official Web site at https://www.niergame.com/. Fans can also stay up-to-date with all of the latest screenshots, videos and breaking news by becoming a fan on the official Facebook page, at https://www.facebook.com/NIERGame.
· The Next RPG from Square Enix: NIER, the newest franchise from RPG masters Square Enix, delivers unique and memorable characters, intense action-packed battles, explosive magic and storytelling like only Square Enix can.
· Unbelievable Story Twists and Reveals: Immerse in an amazingly intricate storyline set in a world plagued by human anguish, buried secrets and a ravaging disease. With plot twists hiding around every corner, NIER’s story needs to be seen to be believed.
· RPG Gameplay Injected With Action-Packed Combat: Battle ferocious and mysterious enemies by combining proven RPG-style gameplay, such as magic, character development and faithful allies, with action-focused explosive swordplay and combat.
· Powerful Magical Abilities: When his sword isn’t enough, Nier can call on a remarkable array of stylish and powerful spells to augment his combat moves and overcome adversaries. As players progress, upgraded spells will help defeat ever-more-deadly enemies.
· Brutal Combat Moves: Face off against evil creatures and unleash brutal combat moves along with devastating combo attacks. Unlock an arsenal of devastating weapons, each with its own design and attack style.
· Formidable Allies: Travel with a dynamic party of allies and do battle against monstrous giants as a powerful and united party.
· A Dynamic and Stunning World: Travel across an unforgettable world filled with dynamic landscapes featuring the hauntingly familiar remains of modern society.
NIER is rated M (Mature). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings. NIER will be available at North American retailers for the suggested retail price of $59.99 for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 systems.conflict.