Arthur is out on October 29
Monster Hunter Rise has been rolling with Capcom crossovers for some time now, and we’re onto the spooky season with the appropriately Halloween-esque Ghosts ‘n Goblins collab. That actually kicks off on October 29 (so far, Arthur has been teased, with a predictable lance getup), and for now, there’s a new patch (3.5) with a ton of band-aids.
The Ghosts ‘n Goblins collab is actually the fifth crossover event, and is meant to showcase Ghosts ‘n Goblins Resurrection. The main course is the “Arthur” hunter layered armor reward, which basically transforms your character. Next up is the Sonic collab in November: so this game is moving fairly quickly through (somewhat cosmetic) events until we get to the PC edition in 2022.
Capcom’s patch notes detail a number of bug fixes, as well as the addition of event quests (free) and DLC (paid). Here are the core changes of the Ghosts ‘n Goblins collab patch:
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing issues with the display of some armor and clothing during cutscenes.
- Fixed a bug causing the wrong items to be dropped when catching a Great Gastronome Tuna.
- Fixed a bug causing raw meat placed by a player to instantly disappear when another player joins the quest while it is in progress.
- Fixed a bug causing the player character to perform a Backstep instead of a Roundslash when pushing the stick back and pressing the X and A buttons after performing the sword & shield’s Falling Bash.
- Fixed a bug preventing the player from using the dual blades’ Shrouded Vault in the desired direction if it is performed at the end of the start-up motion for Feral Demon Mode.
- Fixed a bug causing incorrect sound effects for Trapbugs and some lance attacks when using the “Akuma” layered armor.
- Fixed a bug occasionally preventing the player from using the gunlance’s Aerial Burst while jumping off a ledge after dodging.
- Fixed a bug preventing the appearance of Rampage gunlances from changing if the player changes the shelling type and lands a Wyrmstake Cannon attack during multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug preventing the player from changing ammo/phials via the Radial Menu while riding a Palamute.
- When a player uses the bowgun’s Steadiness during multiplayer to reduce recoil, this change occasionally did not show up on the screens of other players. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug occasionally freezing the game when using a Character Edit Voucher via a specific order of steps.
- Fixed a bug causing players riding a Palamute to deal damage to a Palamute mounted by another player when attacking that player.
- Fixed a bug preventing armor from being sorted correctly if the player has multiple pieces of the same armor.