COOL new stuff HEATS up… okay, okay I’ll stop now
Update 1.10, The Frostburn Update, brings new polar and desert regions to Minecraft.
As well as the usual smattering of fixes and revisions, an auto-jump option, and a polar bear, we’ll also see an all-new technical block called Structure Block, a block that “allows map makers to store templates of structures and place them dynamically with the help of Redstone trickery.
“Since it’s a technical block, you will not find it in the game menus, and is restricted to players who are admins in creative mode.”
Here’s the full list of changes for your delectation:
- Many bug fixes
- Added Polar Bear
- Added Husk and Stray
- An auto-jump option
- Improvements to some commands
- Structure blocks for custom maps
- Underground fossils made from bone blocks
- Added Magma Block
- Added Nether Wart Block and Red Nether Bricks
- Some huge mushrooms can be even larger
- A rare chance to find lonely trees in plains
- Find abandoned mineshafts filled with gold in mesa biomes
- Villages generate better paths between the buildings
- More variations of villages, based on the biomes they are built in
- Endermen have been spotted in the Nether
- Removed Herobrine
The update is available now for PC and Mac, with the console and mobile update yet to be confirmed.